Goa Gajah - Bali Elephant Cave TempleBali holiday packages this time is explaining about temple heritage that often called Elephant Cave temple. Is one of the historic cave in the world that is recognized by UN organizations (UNESCO), often called with Goa Gajah Temple, and the temple itself actually comes from the word Lwa Gajah, that written by Mpu Prapanca in 1365AD based on Negara Kertha Gama Inscription. And Lwa Gajah is the name of an existing river just in front side of the temple area, now named Petanu river. Goa Gajah Temple was build in the 11th Century, when at the time still ruled by King of Sri Bedahulu.
Few artifacts found at the Bali Elephant Cave Temple such as
- Ganesha statue, in Hindu mythology he is the son of God Siwa with Goddess Parwati / Uma. Ganesha also referred as the repellent from danger / Wighnapati, as well as the God of Wisdom / Winayaka. In addition Ganesha who has seven names in accordance function, and Ganesha himself who has elephant face, human body, and he has 4 arms, each hands carrying different things as become symbol of :
- Paracu / Ax which is the emblem/symbol destroyer of all danger, in a sense symbol of our minds how to combat ignorance.
- Mangkok / bowl of water / Candy and with proboscis suck to bowl, which become symbol of Science / Knowledge has to acquired through education, where we should studying either at school or in the community for the good future of our live.
- Patahan Taring / fracture Canine , which is a symbol of ferocity that has been insurmountable, we must be able to control ferocity / self control to be better person for our future,
- Aksamala / Chain become symbol of knowledge without borders, even though we are clever there are still alot of thing that we ought to learn when we still in the world, because in essence that knowledge is never ending.
- Lingga statue, there are Tri Linggam symbol of Siwa in general, based on concepts of Tri Murti (Brahma, Wishnu , Siva ), and each of these Lingga surrounded by 8 small lingga with grounding in one place.
- Widyadara / Widyadari statue with water comes out, is becoming symbol from Spirit Angel from the heaven, also the heritage relics that mainly the water used for purification on the ritual religion ceremony, and the water is symbol Amerta / water of life. And other philosophy about the spring water from the statue also become symbol of Sapta Gangga or 7 Seas, such as: Gangga,Yamuna, Sindhu, Saraswati, Godhawari, Narmada, and Serayu seas.
- Hariti Statue or Men Brayut, this is the story of families who has many children / there are also told about the Goddess Hariti, in Buddhist mythology Yaksa was once classified as a predator of children, which named Yaksa Pancika, and her husband named Yaksa Atawaka, but after receiving lesson from Budha, Goddess Hariti eventually become children lovers and caregivers of children.
- Budha statue /Dhyani Budha is a symbol of the world Buddhist Amitaba now, and in concepts Vajradatu, which controls the west side with attitude of hands in Meditation Tapa / Dhyana Mudra.